Main areas of responsibility include:
- Responsible for the successful management of the FGI Charter Fleet. Ensuring that all efforts are taken to meet each client’s objectives.
- Develop excellent and trustworthy working relationships with current FGI charter management clients.
- Prepare and keep up to date yacht listings on YachtFolio, Charter Index, and Central Yacht Agent search engines.
- Ongoing management of each yacht’s cruising/booking calendars across all listings.
- Create, manage, and track all marketing activity for the Charter Fleet. This includes but is not limited to: PDF photo presentations, sample menus, crew profiles, email marketing templates, social media posts, broker events, etc.
- Responsible for advising FGI’s charter management clients on industry trends; new regulations; and other industry insight as it pertains to Charter Management.
- Perform stakeholder/ escrow agent duties accurately – i.e., deal negotiations; management of contract details; and money management for each charter.
- Represent FGI and FGI’s charter management clients at major Boat Shows and Charter Shows.
- Participating in and/or generating Charter Proposal Meetings to grow the Charter Fleet.
Required skills and abilities include:
- Demonstrated experience in managing a charter fleet.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in booking charters in the world’s top charter destinations: Bahamas, Caribbean, USA, and the Mediterranean. Other destinations are a plus.
- Highly motivated.
- Ability to think on your fleet and stay nimble.
- Detail-oriented & creative.
- Demonstrated confidence in speaking about the yacht industry and charter management with Clients during the proposal process & in the day-to-day.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Experience with the terms of both MYBA and AYCA charter agreements.
- Experience in planning events at Boat Shows, Charter Yacht Shows; or private bespoke events targeted to Charter Brokers.
- Experience in creating charter proposals for new prospecting clients.
Experience with online tools, such as : Microsoft Office, Dropbox, MailChimp, Gmail, and DocuSign.
- Must possess a high level of Integrity.
- Must be fluent in English; Spanish and/or French is a bonus.
- Ideally an active member of at least one yacht industry professionals group: IYBA, MYBA, AYCA, ECPY or YPY.
- Very cool group of colleagues to work with.
- Competitive commission and salary structure.
- Health insurance benefits.
- Modern & new office that is centrally located in Fort Lauderdale. Flexible work arrangements may be possible.
You can get more information on this job and apply for this position by contacting Altea Llakmani